Templates in Multiple Languages
Joined: 19 May 2008
Topic: Templates in Multiple Languages
Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 1:30am
Q: We have catalogs in different languages. Is it possible to use layers to generate one catalog with different languages?
A: Yes, using the Expert edition of XF Designer you can create multiple "translations" for your template:
1) Start by using a template that has some text.
2) Go to Review and click on New Translation
3) The New Translation dialog box will appear. Select your language and choose a language file. You should save the language file in the same folder as your template.
4) Once you click Ok, the Manage Translations dialog will appear. You can edit the translations now, or later at any time by pushing Manage Translations.
5) To see your document in a different language, select "Active Translation" and then Preview your document.
6) If you want to send your text files to a translator, don't forget to push Update Translations to ensure that the latest text from your template is extracted in the translation files.
Edited by admin - 15 Sep 2009 at 1:42am
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum