Rockville, MD, USA - March 04, 2010
Ecrion Software, Inc. a leading provider of multi-channel publishing solutions for top companies all around the world, has unveiled new features for XF Designer 2010 and XF Rendering Server 2010.
XF Designer is an easy to use Layout Designer, suitable for both technical and non-technical users. The templates created in XF Designer can be used to generate PDF, Postscript, Silverlight and other output formats from XML data. XF Rendering Server 2010 is a leap forward in XML document formatting engines. Built to take advantage of today’s multi-core/multi-processor hardware, this new engine can process even the largest XML documents at a sustained rate of thousands of pages per minute.
This latest version of XF Designer and XF Rendering Server have been substantially enhanced and include new speed and scalability optimizations, a new output format (PowerPoint 2007), the ability to create PDF forms and insert Flash and other media into the generated PDF and more.
XF Designer 2010 release notes
- Export to the new PowerPoint format is now available in the Preview menu.
- You can now search and filter nodes and values in the XML tree.
- Form controls can be inserted using the new Forms tab. Form controls can display both static values or dynamic values retrieved from input XML.
- Media Objects (including Flash) can now be inserted in your documents. These objects can also be created for XML.
XF Rendering Server 2010 release notes
- The Digital Assembly Line Add-on has major improvements.
- All images can now be converted on-the-fly to Grayscale, RGB or CMYK using xf:filter extension. A resampling resolution can also be specified.
- fo:max-height, fo:min-height, fo:max-width and fo:min-width are now implemented in XF 2010 in addition to previous engine (XF 2008).
- Miscellaneous licensing improvements include the ability to work with floating licenses and detect license changes while the engine is running.
- XPS output will not embedd font by default. This will cause the files to be much smaller; this behaviour can be changed according to user's preferences.
- All command line tools have now simpler interface (using -xml and -xsl flags).
- Printing to any printer driver is now possible. A local or a network printer can be used. You can also print to files and in this way generate PCL output.
- New speed optimizations for the Ultrascale version are now in place, bringing XF Rendering Server to a whole new scalability level.