Rockville, MD, USA - May 16, 2009
About XF Designer and XF Rendering Server
XF Designer is an easy to use, document template designer. The templates created in XF Designer can be used to generate PDF, Postscript or more from XML data. You can use for this purpose either XF Rendering Server (Standard, Enterprise or Ultrascale), or any other XSL-FO compliant rendering engine.
New Features for XF Rendering Server 3.0
- PDF input - you can now use PDF files as input (directly in URun or inserting them in FO files using fo:external-graphic).
- 3D objects in PDF - Implemented the ability to create a PDF file with a 3d Object embedded in it (u3d object). The preview file is used for display when the 3d object viewport is not active.
- Implemented serial rendering - By default the server will render a document on multiple threads. Using only one thread per document can yield better results if you have a large number of concurent requests.
- EPS input - use EPS files as an input format, or by inserting them as graphic images in XSL-FO files.
- Print output - Ultrascale can use a printer output the same way it uses a file output.
- Merge context - we have added the ability to merge various input document (with different types, sizes, no. of pages, etc) into a single output.
- Barcodes linked with page index - the barcode can now include in the value it was generated for the page number of the document.
- HTML input / output - use this format for input and output files integrated in the normal workflow of Ultrascale.
- WordML input / output - use this format for input and output files integrated in the normal workflow of Ultrascale.
- DocX input - use this format for input and output files integrated in the normal workflow of Ultrascale.
New Features for XF Designer 6.5
- Library of Components – Expert license only – Allows user to save parts of the document (like tables, blocks) as separate xml files that can be inserted in another documents as subdocuments. Components can be organized on group of components using manage components dialog.
- Insert 3D objects – Expert license only – Allows user to insert a 3D object into the document.
- Insert image from source XML – images can now be inserted using dynamic or conditional values from sample XML (XFD Documents).
- Copy/Paste from Word – text can be copied or pasted from/to MS Word, using html to preserve format.
- Insert Inline condition – a new type of XFD object.
In addition, several layout engine improvements and bug fixes are also included in this release.