Unparalleled design capabilities in one place
In order to help you keep up with the quickly evolving role customer communications play in today’s business environment, we are proud to announce the arrival of the updated Ecrion Design Studio. This all-in-one suite features three cutting-edge design applications for the creation of intelligently mapped data, interactive BI dashboards, and productive business-driven customer communications.
The Ecrion Design Studio empowers organizations to create data, BI dashboards, and truly powerful customer communications with ease through incorporating every part of the design process into one useful tool. The many features in the powerful applications within EDS are integrated to work seamlessly together, making it easy to include attributes such as conditional logic and detailed BI dashboards directly in document templates. EDS has been updated to include even more intuitive and advanced technology to allow you to create the most engaging and value driven customer communications your organization needs.
- Data Modeler – While using the visual design environment to map, retrieve and process data, users can now deploy diagrams to BI servers to create IMDBs, use relative paths for external resources, drag and drop from the Data Sources tab to Tables, and more
- Publisher – Along with the easy visual design of stunning templates using dynamic content, conditional logic, advanced charting, and more, users can now add custom functionality to documents (Global XSLT, Inline XSLT, Parameters, etc.), add, edit, and manage scripts, and optimize documents, and can choose the XSLT transformation engine and other advanced options
- BI Architect – Not only can users insert hundreds of elements and dynamic widgets to visually create useful BI dashboards for reporting on the fly, they can now also format based on time span, prefix, postfix, and translating values, and can generate dashboards with precision down to seconds using new date and time dimensions
Added Features for Greater Design Capabilities
- Deploy diagrams to remote BI servers in order to create IMDBs
- Implemented the option to use relative paths for external resources
- Added the functionality to use default values for conversion exceptions to field types in CSV input
- Drag and drop from the Data Source window to insert tables, repeating content, etc.
- Implemented local plugins
- Added the ability to deploy document templates to instances of the BI Server
- The Data Source pane has two tabs now: Content and Schema
- Content tab displays the entire content of the data source (including text, the value of attributes and elements, etc.), while Schema displays only the schema of the data source
- Added a new "Developer" tab that empowers users to add custom functionality to documents such as: Global XSLT, Inline XSLT, Parameters, etc.
- Added Properties/All tab into Properties pane for users to easily write any property desired
- Implemented the ability to add Global XSLT code and Inline XSLT code to documents
- Implemented the ability to add, edit, and manage scripts
- Parameters can be added/removed and managed from the new "Developer" tab
- Developers’ options can now be configured from the Options backstage page
- Developers can select to optimize the document, choose the XSLT transformation engine, and other advanced options
- Rulers have been added to documents for better visibility and usability of objects in documents
- Document gridlines can now be used for a clear delimitation of regions in a document
- Added drag and drop dimensions from IMDB to insert visual representations
- In-memory database aggregation and filtering can now be performed without the need to specify the tables that should be iterated
- New formatting for data is available: formatting as Time Span, using prefix and postfix characters, and by translating values
- Total rows can now be configured to calculate the total by inheriting the column's expression or by using predefined expressions
- Date and time dimensions have been added
- Users can now use hours, minutes, or seconds’ precision and work with time intervals when generating dashboards