Rockville, MD, USA - December 19, 2011
The new XF Rendering Server 2012, adds hundreds of new features, including support for marginalia from the upcoming XSL-FO 2.0 standard, DOCX (Word 2007 and later) output and a unified Management Console and Command Center. The new version is also able to convert PDF to AFP (PDF to SVG is also possible).
All products in the suite have been upgraded to a new simplified look and feel similar to Office 2010
In XF Designer 2012, users can now use PDF files as background images. This speeds up the process of creating fixed layout forms considerably, and users can use government mandated forms without the need to re-create them:
New Features for XF Designer 2012
- Unloading building blocks is now supported. This is the reverse operation for “Create Building Block”.
- New options added in Options menu: “Log Level” and “Reverse Mouse Scrolling”.
- Text align by character is now supported for tables.
- Properties set for a given object are now bolded in the Properties bar.
- Users can now select multiple cells from a table and apply borders on them with a single click.
- Gradients – Users can use linear or radial gradients as a background fill for any element (tables, paragraphs, etc.). Gradients are represented using standard SVG primitives.
- Import DOCX, HTML, XSL files
- Chart improvements
- Document Protection: templates can be protected with a password and only specific sections can be unlocked. This is useful if you distribute the templates to end-users for editing. The protection settings can also be set on Word output.
- Task Bar: you can now run multiple tasks with a template loaded in the designer. In addition, large XML documents can be split in multiple parts and each XML sub-tree can be used as input XML for the current template.
- Text output is available and can be previewed
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
New Features for XF Rendering Server 2012
- Dragging and dropping items in documents is now supported.
- XSL-FO 2.0 fo:marginalia is now available.
- DOCX (Word 2007) output is now supported.
- Server log and progress feedback is now reported to clients.
- Raster PNG/GIF/TIFF output now can be generated with a transparent background.
- Resizing raster output is now available. This feature is very useful for generating thumbnails in addition to the normal output.
- Major footnotes improvements include xf:unique-footnote-id, keeping footnotes from breaking across pages and new extensions for footnote number (xf:footnote-number).
- New XSLF-FO extensions added in this version are xf:display-condition for fo:table-row and xf:unique-on-page for fo:inline and fo:block.
- Intelligent Mail barcode support has been added.
- New, unified Management Console and Command Center
- PDF documents can now be rasterized (to JPEG, PNG and more). Also PDF to SVG is also supported.
- QR Barcodes support has been added.
- Hot folders are now supported on both Windows and Linux.
- COM+ and C++ APIs(Application Programming Interfaces) are now available.
- Word (DOCX/WordML) input was migrated into the Ultrascale version for performance and other technical reasons.
- Better integration with DAS (Ecrion Data Aggregation Server) allows developers to retrieve data from any source including databases, Web Services and more and generate directly complex PDF documents.
- Other bug fixes and improvements
New Features for Data Architect 2012
- New Date/Time and Conversion functions are now available
- Syntax highlighting added for the SQL Editor window
- Database Schemas are cached to improve performance over large/complex databases
- Query parameters are now automatically detected and users can specify values for test runs
- A new command, “Parameter Information” displays a list of properties that can be overridden for a given diagram
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and other improvements
New Features for Data Aggregation Server 2012
- New Date/Time functions are now available
- New Conversion functions are now available
- New Management Console and Command Center
- The Web Service interface for .NET is provided as a separate setup file.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and other improvements
Ecrion Software Inc. provides top of the line solutions for XML based workflows, including conversion of XML to PDF, Postscript, AFP and more using open standards like XSL-FO and SVG.
Our server product, XF Rendering Server 2012 is a leap forward in XML document formatting technology. Built to take advantage of today's multi-core/multi-processor hardware, the engine can process the largest XML documents at a sustained rate of thousands of pages per minute.
The input data can be supplied as XML or it can be retrieved from any data source using Ecrion Data Aggregation Server.
This data is formatted using templates designed in XF Designer 2012, a standards compliant WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) visual software. Because XF Designer is easy to use, it is preferred by both technical and non technical users.