Rockville, MD, USA - November 03, 2009
Ecrion Software, Inc. a leading software solutions company, has unveiled the latest offering in their product line with two recently upgraded products XF Designer 2010 and XF Rendering Server 2010.
XF Designer is an easy for both technical and non technical users, document template designer. The templates created in XF Designer can be used to generate PDF, Postscript or more from XML data. XF Rendering Server 2010 is a leap forward in XML document formatting engines. Built to take advantage of today’s multi-core/multi-processor hardware, this new engine can process even the largest XML documents at a sustained rate of thousands of pages per minute.
This latest version of XF Designer and XF Rendering Server have been substantially enhanced and now includes a number of productivity enhancements including the ability to: edit complex page layout, generate Microsoft Word Documents (supports Microsoft Word 2003 and later) in addition to PDF documents, enhanced data aggregation, and float text.
XF Designer 2010 release notes
- Edit page layout commands – allow the user to use advanced commands for easy editing of page masters.
- Inline Repeat - new dynamic content element that can be used to display data similar to other repeating objects.
- WordML in Preview As menu – get an WordML preview quick from the Preview menu
- Extend XML tree to work with DAS jobs – XFD Documents can now be made based on a dax source file.
XF Rendering Server 2010 release notes
- Digital Assembly Line – use to create complex documents from multiple type inputs with features that allow complex integration of input documents in the output.
- Import TIFs multipage – working with tiff-s with multiple layers that are treated as separate pages and used as input format.
- Export to SVG, JPEG, GIF, PNG – extend the output format with these image format that can be used by many software on the market.
- Support for multiple fo:table-body – a table can now have multiple fo:table-body elements.
- Indexes in xsl-fo – advanced indexing and referencing capabilities for better organize document content.
- Work with Data Aggregation Service – XF Rendering Server ca now handle dax files as input and work with DAS to collect xml data files from it.
- fo:letter-spacing attribute – control the distance between letters in the formatted object.
- fo:text-transform attribute – set various attributes for formatting text in blocks, like capitalization, uppercase, lowercase.
- fo:font-variant attribute– format text with smallcaps (capital letters but with smaller size).
- fo:float – complex formatting for paragraphs by inserting images, text with different size, etc. It can also evaluate own size for autosizing.
- fo:title attribute – set the title for the generated PDF in the metadata.
- fo:folio-prefix, fo:folio-sufix attributes – format the display of page number in various forms by attaching prefixes or suffixes.
- fo:line-stacking-strategy – control the way the height of the object is computed by setting the values for this attribute.
- fo:background-size = “100%” – allow the resize of the object to fit the remaining of the page to always obtain a full page.